ERATE Helps You Find The
Lowest Mortgage Rates

Start by selecting your state

Get Personalized Refinance Quotes

Stay informed! Use ERATE's rate charts.

Start Shopping For
The Best Mortgage Rates

Keith Schemm's Daily Rate Summary

Mortgage Rates and Treasury Yields Fall.
On Thursday, Treasury bond yields and Mortgage interest rates fell as the programmed investor selling of bonds reverses and once again the U.S. 10-Year Note falls below the psychological 3.00% yield level even though the odds for a June Rate Hike in the Federal Funds Rate climb to 97% probability. Though Stocks have fallen some, prices are still lofty just a couple of percent off all-time-highs in indexes. Nervous investors mull economic signals and the impact of the Tax cut on future growth potential & the aging economic recovery. The 10 Yr. Treasury Note stood at a yield of 2.978% and the 30 Yr. U.S. Treasury Bond yielding 3.125%. 30 Year Mortgages according to Freddie Mac were around 4.66% for conforming and 4.70% for Jumbo products.

Read More...

Keith Schemm

ERATE employee warned families about Toxic Mortgages years before the mortgage meltdown. Bloomberg/Businessweek

June 9, 2005 - Keith M. Schemm, a mortgage broker in Santa Clara, CA, says option ARMS are "pretty dangerous loans to do" for many families. "The problem is there's such a frenzy in the marketplace to buy a home."

Too bad Fed Chairman, Alan Greenspan didn't sound the alarm about such mortgages. He should have consulted with Keith. (Keith Schemm NMLS ID: 336660)

Reach out to us at: 408-510-0621

Refinancing

Rate Shopping

Guidelines to mortgage refinancing

When searching for a home loan it is advised to first determine the financial objectives you require of a home loan. Consider the following: ....

continued here

Freddie Mac Weekly Rate Summary

30-year fixed-rate mortgage(FRM) averaged 3.86 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending August 24, 2017, down from last week when it averaged 3.89 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.43 percent. 

15-year FRM this week averaged 3.16 percent with an average 0.5 point, the same as last week. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.74 percent.   

5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.17 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.16 percent. A year ago at this time, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.75 percent.

ERATE is a BBB Accredited Mortgage Rate Publisher in Santa Clara, CA ERATE is rated A Plus by Better Business Bureau - BBB
Equal Housing Opportunity